14 September 2020
Up to £3,000 incentive payments for employers recruiting new apprentices
Last month the government announced a suite of incentives to help get the economy moving and help get people into work as part of its ‘Plan for Jobs’ announcement. Here, we outline how the new Apprenticeships Incentives scheme can work for Acacia Training’s clients:
What do the Apprenticeship incentives mean for you, as an employer?
Thanks to this new funding, employers we work with can now receive incentive payments for every new apprentice started between 1st August 2020 and 31st January 2021. The incentive payments can only be paid for new recruits (not existing staff) starting Apprenticeships between these dates.
How much are the Apprenticeship incentive payments worth?
- £2,000 incentive payments for every new apprenticeship recruit aged 16-24. The existing incentive of £1,000 for 16-18 year olds also remains taking the total for this age group to £3,000.
- For new apprentices you bring on board who are aged 25 or over, the incentive payment is £1,500 per apprentice.
- The new apprentices must be new recruits joining your organisation (not existing employees) between 1st August 2020 and 31st January 2021.
How can Acacia Training help you recruit new apprentices and benefit from the incentive payments?
We provide level 2, 3, 4 and 5 apprenticeships, all of which can qualify for the government incentive payments mentioned above provided they are being offered to new recruits into your organisation. If you require the training for existing employees, funded training is available as normal (see below) but without the new incentive payments.
Which industries are the Apprenticeships available in?
We specialise in offering apprenticeships to employers in the Midlands, North West, and the M5 corridor. Our specialisms are:
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Levels 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Apprenticeships and work-based qualifications in Leadership and Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- Level 5 Leadership and Management in Adult care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services or Children & Young People’s Management
- Level 5 Diploma in Operational Management
- Apprenticeships in Business and Customer Service
- Level 2 Certificate for Customer Service Practitioners
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 3 Certificate in Customer Services specialist
- Apprenticeships in Early Years Education and Childcare
- Level 2 Early Years practitioner
- Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young People’s workforce
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- Apprenticeships in Dental Nursing
- Level 3 Diploma in The Principles and practice of Dental Nursing
- Apprenticeships in Beauty Therapy (through our International School of Beauty Therapy)
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy – Beauty Therapist
- Level 3 Advanced Beauty Therapy.
Can I use Apprenticeships for my existing staff?
Yes, you can still access apprenticeship training for existing staff of all ages, with 95% (and up to 100% depending on certain criteria) of the cost of that training funded by the government if you are a non-levy employer. If you are a levy payer with an annual wages bill of £3m or more, your training will be funded from your levy pot (DAS account). Read the latest government guidance here. However, please be aware that although you’ll receive funding for the apprenticeships for existing staff, you won’t be eligible for the additional incentive payments for these.
How do I get started?
If you would like expert help, a no-nonsense approach and experienced apprenticeship advisors to guide you through the process, you’re in the right place! Please contact us to get started.
All information in the above guidance is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting (1 August 2020). However please contact us to check for updates.
Acacia Training is a Disability Confident Leader
We’ve been named as a Disability Confident Leader again, three years after being one of the first organisations to gain this status.
Michelle celebrates five years of a rewarding career...
Michelle Williams wanted to go back to work – but she needed something that fit in around her family commitments.
Beauty training ‘a route to pursue dream career’
For two women, beauty training has provided a great route for them to finally pursue their dream career.